SOLVENITE MAKES DIE CAST TOOLING MORE PROFITABLE
Die Cast Tools are rapidly Heated and Cooled. This causes Thermal Fatigue, which tears untreated tooling, causing Heat Check. SOLVENITE’s unique Crystal Lattice Transformation is diffused deep into the tools metallurgical structure of any Hot Worked Steel.
LONGER DIE LIFE
LONGER TOOL LIFE, BETTER CASTINGS
- FIGHT HEAT CHECK: Solvenite Treated Steel has added Elasticity & Toughness needed to combat constant expansion/contraction.
- FIGHT SOLDER: Solvenite interrupts the chemical reaction between the molten aluminum and the steel’s iron.
- BETTER CASTINGS: drastic improvements in part finish that requires less secondary operations.
Brittle Top Layer of Nitrogen: Prone to chip and crack
Distinct Layers: Delaminate from Cyclic Stresses
SHORT Service Life: Poor Resistance of Precipitating Elements
Homogeneous Diffusion with a High Yield Surface Strength and Ultra Toughness
Diffusion Over an Extended Gradient to Combat Cyclic Stresses
LONG Service Life: Solvenite Complexity Resists Diffusion of Precipitating Elements
SOLVENITE DECREASES MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Tools run longer before preventative maintenance is required.
- Increases shot counts without downtime for polishing
- Less welding, Less repairs, Less downtime
- Waterlines are treated so more efficient cooling/less corrosion.
- Increase intervals for preventative maintenance!
- Reach new records for total die life!
Solvenite Advantages over Nitriding & Nitrocarburizing
EASY TO WORK ON
- Welds just like normal steel
- NO brittle “white layer”
EXCELLENT FOR MID-LIFE TOOLS
- Removes solder & clears water lines & removes scale
- Previous welds get stronger after Solvenite
- Can be applied numerous times
NO SIZE CHANGE
- Process temp under 1000 F
- Surface finish STAYS the same
- Hardness STAYS the same
USE SOLVENITE TODAY
If you would like to get a quote or find out more information about our services please contact us below and we will get right back to you.